Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We Survived

Today was Nathan's first day at Preschool. Rob and I were nervous since Nate has just recently started staying in the nursery at church by himself, and that is only after several minutes of loud tearful screams. But I am happy to report that our little man had a great time at school! We are so proud of him.



I did pretty well too. I did tear up when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw an empty carseat. It was very  strange to be at home for three hours all by myself. I ate a bowl of cereal without any one's little fingers reaching in to grab a bite. I was able to fold and put away three baskets of laundry and I only had to fold the clothes one time! There was no one trying to "help"  by pushing over the newly folded piles or take things out of drawers as I put them in. I also got to have a very nice conversation with my BFF without hearing "mama, mama, mama" a million times or having someone trying to grab the phone away from my hand. Now while I enjoyed all of these events I found myself feeling a little lonely. I missed my little man, but I am so thankful for this opportunity to send him to school and let him interact and hear language from more kids his age and I think learning from some other adults will help him as we begin our therapy journey at the end of the month. It was a great day for both of us.

No comments: